date
modification day
author
치전원관리자
hits

[Student reporters coverage] Nowadays, university, it has changed! - Pusan National University School of Dentistry

[Student reporters coverage] Nowadays, university, it has changed! - Pusan National University School of Dentistry attached image

Link to original article:

http://www.dentalnews.or.kr/news/article.html?no=22483

Introduced SIMODONT to Pusan Nationl University School of Dentistry and Freshman Practice Course
Student satisfaction with a hands-on training - educational effect Up!

After the opening of the nation's first virtual dental lab (VR Dental Lab) at the Pusan National University School of Dentistry on Jan. 27, the first semester of the year since the second semester of this year, practical training was held for freshmen in the 2018 school year. I had a chance to experience the virtual reality education from the viewpoint of the first and second grade students who are learning the pre-clinical practice with the dental practice simulator (SIMODONT).

First, students' reactions were very positive. "It is very interesting to learn from the first grade", "It is very good to learn the practice related to the clinic from the first grade", "It is very difficult to make the floor even without puncturing it, It was such a kind of ambition. On the other hand, there were opinions such as "I want to have more options" and "I wonder if the actual treatment is similar to the practice".

How similar is it to the practice of virtual reality and the real vortex of teeth? I tried to solve my curiosity. After going through the building lobby of the graduate school of dentistry, he entered the virtual dental practice room, which is located on the first floor inside. It is said that the air conditioner is always on for the temperature-sensitive SIMODONT. A total of four SIMODONTs are placed inside the laboratory. There are mirrors and handpieces on the left and right that can be controlled by hand, and in the middle there are adjusters to adjust the direction of the model. After turning on the power and wearing a pair of glasses to view the 2D screen in 3D, the monitor picked one of the various options of the practice protocol and the model appeared to form a cavity in the display.

By adjusting the direction of the model and digging the vortex with the mirror and handpiece, I was able to feel the resistance and feel of touch that caused the illusion of forming a cavity in the actual tooth. I was surprised by the development of digital technology that I thought that no matter how much the virtual reality system could catch up with reality. I was amazed at how 'dental education could be developed so much,' and at the same time, I was able to see how much the school was trying to keep up with the digital dental age. At the end of the year, three SIMODONTs will be introduced.

Pusan National University School of Dentistry is making progressive efforts to grow in line with the changes and trends of the times with the aim of leading the internationalization and digital dental education. The MOU with the Busan Digital Dental Clinic for the development of digital dental experts and the establishment of the Center for Periodontal Disease Network Center and the advanced dental medical device commercialization center as well as the introduction of the virtual reality system in the hands-on training are also an extension of this project .

As a preliminary dentist, we are proud to see that our school is trying to enhance its competitiveness in accordance with the times through the experience of virtual reality education, and that we are working hard both ways to provide educational facilities for our students. It was a moment to be able.

Student reporter Hyeryeong Kim

file
there is no file